- not reconciled to
not resigned to
- 她不甘心只當歌手, 於是開始投身影界。
- She wants to be more than just a singer and is launching out into films, ie starting a career as a film actress.
- I refuse to take such a treatment lying down.
- But the Swiss did not take their fate lying down.
- For he does not afflict willingly or grieve the sons of men.
- He is not willing to be a hanger-on of rich and powerful families.
- He followed them lamely onto the deck.as he watched them talk and laugh without letting him squeeze a word in edgewise he felt silly and humiliated; he was like a beggar who after running after a rickshaw for some distance without getting a cent finally has to stop but is reluctant to give up.
- But the enemy is not willing to pull back from any of its present positions.
- Occasionally one would stick to the glass as if reluctant to tumble to its fate.
- She could not reconcile herself to failure.
- She is not content with her vicarious authority.
- Since the peaceful liberation of xinjiang the "east turkistan" forces have never resigned themselves to their defeat.