- not reconciled to
not resigned to
- I refuse to take such a treatment lying down.
- But the Swiss did not take their fate lying down.
- For he does not afflict willingly or grieve the sons of men.
- He is not willing to be a hanger-on of rich and powerful families.
- But the enemy is not willing to pull back from any of its present positions.
- Occasionally one would stick to the glass as if reluctant to tumble to its fate.
- She could not reconcile herself to failure.
- She is not content with her vicarious authority.