- to beg
- Has it not preached in the place of these charity and poverty celibacy and mortification of the flesh monastic life and mother church?
- And irish children would carry them as they went from house to house begging for food for the village halloween festival that honored the druid god muck olla.
- We do not want to victimize vagrants but rather to help them.
- I threw out a "tenpenny" in the midst. The "blind" fellow saw it first but the "lame cripple" had to foot of him.
- We are a moocher in this world to find the food.
- A generous person a soft touch for beggars.
- One day when he was travelling the country disguised as a beggar he stopped at the cottage of a poor ploughman to ask for food.
- And as ibrahim watched him through the lattice he thought:'does not the condition of the beggar as well as that of this pasha prove the justice of the text upon which I have been meditating?
- Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness.
- Tales of high-earning beggars have often been used in india to justify intolerance.
- This dear little naked mendicant pretends to be utterly helpless so that he may beg for mother's wealth of love.
- At that moment a great pasha halted before the gates of the seminary in his piety alighting from his palanquin to give alms to a beggar as all good moslems do.
- Zi yu and zi sang were close friends.zi yu was well-being while zi sang was very destitute usually being a beggar.
- After the delivery of that sermon it was observed that he gave a sou every sunday to the poor old beggar-women at the door of the cathedral.
- At the end of the day the third beggar also decided to become mortal again.
為...乞求 cry for
乞求 beg for; cadge from; cadge off; entreat of; tap for
乞求施捨 beg alms
乞求育嗣行為 et-epimeletic behavior
乞討 cadge from; cadge off; tap for
乞討外債 beg for foreign loans
去乞討 go begging; gone begging; went begging
向...乞求 beg from; cop from
向...乞討 beg from; cadge on for
向...搖尾乞憐 fawn on
路邊乞討 stand pat