[yà dá xuē xī]
- This is a copy of the letter which they sent to artaxerxes the king: your servants living across the river send these words:
- Rehum the chief ruler and shimshai the scribe sent a letter against jerusalem to artaxerxes the king;
- And they finished building according to the command of the god of israel and according to the decree of cyrus and darius and artaxerxes the king of persia.
- Chapter2is in the first month of the year the month nisan and in it nehemiah receives permission from the king to return to jerusalem.
- And it came about in the month nisan in the twentieth year of artaxerxes the king when wine was before him that I took up the wine and gave it to the king.now I had never before been sad when the king was present.