[tǎ lì bān]
- Taliban (Farsi: student), Afghan guerrilla faction
student [stju:dәnt; (-) 'stu:-]
- adj.阿富汗的,阿富汗人的 n.阿富汗人,阿富汗語,一種毛毯
- Whoever is behind this is trying to defame the taliban said a spokesman.
- Taliban troops on the shamali plains between the hindu kush and kabul would certainly be targeted by rocketing and aerial bombardment mr abdullah forecast.
- He says the sharpest rise has occurred in afghanistan's southern provinces where the taliban-led insurgency has destabilized the entire region.
- What will you do with taliban in general?
- Us-led coalition troops began the operation anaconda on march1 which is aimed at crushing al-qaeda and taliban fighters in the mountains of eastern afghanistan.
- It was not clear why the lottery was halted during the chaotic civil war of the early1990s but most forms of entertainment were banned under the solemn and destructionist rule of the taliban who swept to power in1996and were sent packing last year.
- Place is crawling with taliban.
- Art experts want the un to rescue this2100-year-old hoard of gold antiquities called the treasure of bactria before it is destroyed or the taleban melt it down.
- "There is no secret agreement with the taleban other than the already announced conditions for the hostage release" cheon ho-seon said in his daily media briefing.
- Afghanistan's mullah mohammed omar remains a mystery to his own people and the outside world seven years after his taliban movement first shot to prominence.
- Military officials say that according to latest information more than100pro-taleban militants and five government soldiers have been killed in the north waziristan area since saturday.
- Taleban spokesmen told several news agencies that mullah dadullah was killed saturday in southern afghanistan.
- The leader of the purist movement the one-eyed mullah mohammad omar appealed to americans late on tuesday to use their own judgement in responding to last week's devastating attacks on the world trade center and the pentagon rather than blindly following their government's policy to attack his country.
- A survey in afghanistan by a nonpartisan research group indicates an overwhelming majority of afghans reject al-qaida and the taleban and support the presence of u.s.and international troops in their country.
- This is the pint-sized afghan wariord who at just15is in command of an army of300anti-taliban militiamen.