- Your car looks rather battered.
- 像某人[某事物]的樣子; 外表像..。
- That book looks interestingsth; ~ (to sb) as if...sth; suggest by appearance that...
- He/His appearance is not at all prepossessing.
- He has a bland appearance.
- He's always making snide comments about her appearance.
- 不要被他那副討人喜歡的外表所迷惑, 其實他冷酷無情。
- Don't be taken in by his charming manner; he's completely ruthless.
- 他外表粗魯, 心地卻十分善良。
- Beneath his gruff exterior he's really very kind-hearted.
- Appearances are often deceptive, ie Things are not always what they seem to be.
- Something, such as the thread of a screw or the spiral condenser in a still, that resembles a worm in form or appearance.
- She maintained a calm exterior, though really she was furious.
- Our host descried a gentleman of unusual appearance standing at the far end of the hall.
- In appearance, a microcomputer has three simple and apparent parts: the main frame, the keyboard and the monitor.
- In appearance it is a very strong building.
- He judge people by mere external clothes rather than internal character.
- He has a rough outside, but a good heart.