- "She was a tenderhearted creature who sympathized with everyone."
- "She said I'd become unemployable!"
- She is too darn outspoken
- There was the least quaver in her voice as she said this.
- "Sweet of you" she replied and she smiled as she left the scullery.
- ... She was an only child.
- ... That I saw her at tuskegee...
不再由她負責掌管 be out of her hands
與她無關的 out of his line
專心聽她的話 hang on her word
為她得悉 come to her knowledge
為她所看不見 beyond her view
為她服務 at her service
為她看得見 within her view
從...上轉移開她的注意 abstract her attention from
代替她 in her stead
仿效她 tread in her steps
企圖殺害她 make an attempt on her life
企圖贏得她的歡喜 chuck herself at
使...變得對她有利 turn to her advantage
使她不緊張 put someone at her ease
使她為難的是 to her annoyance
使她勉強接受 thrust down her throat
使她十分驚奇 to her surprise
使她發怒 put her back up
使她吃驚的是 to her astonishment
使她囫圇吞棗 push something down her throat
使她埋頭從事辛苦的勞動 put her nose to the grindstone
使她失寵眼紅 put her nose out of joint
使她放心 set her at ease
使她生氣 put her monkey up
使她警惕 put someone on her guard
使她計畫落空 put her nose out of joint
使她起步 put on her feet
使她錯誤地過高估計自己 put ideas into her head
使她難辦 put a spoke in her wheel
供她之用 have at her disposal