be jealous of
- Other government officials envied him.
- Had king solomon been the janitor with all his treasures piled up in the basement jim would have pulled out his watch every time he passed just to see him pluck at his beard from envy.
- The worst kind of boyfriend is someone who's indifferent because a jealous or short-tempered boyfriend will at least take the time to get angry at you.
- There is yet some good in public envy whereas in private there is none.for public envy is as an ostracism that eclipseth men when they grow too great.and therefore it is a bridle also to great ones to keep them within bounds.
- He loved mrs.leives with her unworldliness and her quaint cynicism.
- And he is jealous to roo who can bounce better.
- The first in the olympian crowd sat zeus himself.
- But when thou hadst vanished and the men who sought thee long brought thee not to thy mother some one of the envious neighbours said secretly that over water heated to boiling they had hewn asunder with a knife thy limbs and at the tables had shared among them and eaten sodden fragments of thy flesh.
- Our stepsister has aiways been jeaious of you.
- I was misanthropic and sullen; I brooded and worked along and had no friends-at least only one.
- Be on guard against those who are jealous of your success.
- And for the same reason those that are advanced by degrees are less envied than those that are advanced suddenly and per saltum.
- It is none the less an idea to which mistaken critics cling and even today there are those who would deny him the authorship of the plays recognised as his mingled with greene's invective there is the starveling author's jealousy of the prosperous actor.
- This envy being in the latin word invidia goeth in the modern language by the name of discontentment; of which we shall speak in hand-ling sedition.
- The principles of justice are whatever would be agreed to by rational self-intierested and unenvious persons who knew they were to enter a society structured according to their agreement but did not know what positions they would have nor what their natural endowments and particular interests would be.
同行間的嫉妒 professional jealousy
嫉妒妄想 jealous delusion
嫉妒性動機犯罪 crime with jealous motive