- In the museum buildings please refrain from speaking in a loud voice having children running around eating and drinking smoking or improperly disposing of wastepaper or other articles.
- Before his facile perils and ready laugh life was no longer an affair of serious effort and restraint but a toy to be played with and turned topsy-turvy carelessly to be lived and pleasured in and carelessly to be flung aside.
- And then what a happiness would it have been could hester prynne have heard her clear bird-like voice mingling with the uproar of other childish voices and have distinguished and unraveled her own darling's tones amid all the entangled outcry of a group of sportive children.
- Runoff from the pool created this water hole where warthogs come to wallow.
- He turned his head and saw a little savoyard about ten years of age coming up the path and singing his hurdy-gurdy on his hip and his marmot-box on his back one of those gay and gentle children who go from land to land affording a view of their knees through the holes in their trousers.
- She was wearing one of those hippy skirts with tassels around the hem.
- Tom has a larkish mood.
- A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles.
- To behave playfully and uninhibitedly; romp.
- A carefree or spirited adventure.
- In one major metropolis after another urbanized yuppies graduated from beepers to cell phones to sedans with cd players.
- A trio of young african wild dog pups plays near a den in botswana's okavango delta.
- The sportive sunlight--feebly sportive at best in the predominant pensiveness of the day and scene--withdrew itself as they came nigh and left the spots where it had danced the drearier because they had hoped to find them bright.
- Children frolicking about in the swimming-pool
- That lured you got up is to cross the the whirling sunshine that danced exquisitely of thethin urtain of screen window in the morning give you the salisfied mood of one day in satisfiedearly morning.
嬉戲 cut a caper; cut capers; dally with
嬉戲玩耍 romp about
游泳嬉戲 swim about; swim around