[bā bǐ lún]
- Nehemiah was written about the time of the return of the jews from babylon.
- Their story is interwoven with that of the great empires on either side of them egypt to the south and the changing empires of syria assyria and babylon to the north.
- On the seventh day of the fifth month in the nineteenth year of nebuchadnezzar king of babylon nebuzaradan commander of the imperial guard an official of the king of babylon came to jerusalem.
- 1and King zedekiah the son of josiah reigned instead of coniah the son of jehoiakim whom nebuchadrezzar king of babylon made king in the land of judah.
- I will dispatch foreigners to babylon that they may winnow her and may devastate her land; for on every side they will be opposed to her in the day of her calamity.
- Jerusalem was sacked and burned and the remnant of the people was carried off captive to babylon.
- The history of the kings of israel and the kings of judah becomes a history of two little states ground between first syria then assyria and then babylon to the north and egypt to the south.
- For I will stir up and bring against babylon an alliance of great nations from the land of the north.
- Josiah king of judah opposed him arid was defeated and slain at megiddo608bc judah became a tributary to egypt and when nebuchadnez zar the great the new chaldean king in babylon rolled back necho into egypt he attempted to manage judah by setting up puppet kings in jerusalem.
- During the ages when the babylonians egyptians greeks and romans flourished the area now called europe possessed a primitive civilization.
- "In babylon the code of hammurabi was engraved on a tall stele."
- It was in tokay that the hang di worship and the emergence of its portraits in modern china sprung up in1903 while huang di at that time occurred as a hero who was born in ancient west babylon and led the tribal people that become the hans afterwards migrating to china through thousands miles.
- And when all the captains of the forces they and their men heard that the king of babylon had appointed gedaliah they came to gedaliah at mizpah that is ishmael the son of nethaniah and johanan the son of kareah and seraiah the son of tanhumeth the netophathite and jaazaniah the son of the maacathite they and their men.
- This is what the lord has said: I will put an end to great numbers of the people of egypt by the hand of nebuchadrezzar king of babylon.
- Behold I will bring upon tyrus nebuchadrezzar king of babylon a king of kings from the north with horses and with chariots and with horsemen and companies and much people.
巴比倫法 Babylonian law