- to punish
- He was penalized for a foul on the striker eg a free kick was awarded to the striker's team.
- He was penalized for time-wasting.
- He suffered for his offence.
- Clare held out tender protecting arms and together they wandered through the untrodden ways like two children---the world and its retribution quite forgot.
- He always finds a way to wriggle out of punishment.
- To help albert reimburse himself leo allowed him to proclaim a plenary indulgence throughout germany.the faithful were asked to make gifts for the rebuilding of st peter's in rome.
- To help albert reimburse himself leo allowed him to proclaim a plenary indulgence throughout germany.the faithful were asked to make gifts for the rebuilding of st peter's in rome though albert was to keep part of the money.
- In order to accommodate the needs of controlling unit crimes eff ectually and carry out the principle of the responsibility in accord with crime the author brings out the idea of sett ing up independent penalty systemof unit crime.
- To reprimand or punish severely.
- The laws penalize local councils that do not follow central government directives.
- A cold knot came to my middle right where that gun was pointed. I knew now he wasn't running from any speeding ticket.from the sound of that siren the police car was right on our tail.
- An impatient democrat-controlled us congress would dismiss the dialogue as a meaningless talking shop and could reintroduce shelved tariff-raising measures to punish china for its failure to appreciate its currency or reduce its trade surplus with the us.
- Surrounded by phlegethon the fiery river no criminal could ever hope to escape from its punishment.
- An officious traffic warden had decided to give me a parking ticket.
- After party b has discharged its surety liability according to this contract it shall be entitled to request party a to pay back all the money that party b has paid in substitute for party a plus the expenses incurred in realizing its right of subrogation and in addition party a shall pay to party b the interests thereof equivalent to that of bank loan of the same period and the penalty interests as well as a lump sum default fine as much as% of the substitute money.
一定要受處罰 be for the high jump
一罪不二罰 autrefois convict; Nemo bis punitur pro eodem delicto. No one is punished twice for the same offense.
一般罰款 conventional penalty
不受處罰的 scot free
不受懲罰地 with impunity
不懲罰孩子 spare the rod
不能以罰款替代的徒刑 imprisonment without the option of a fine
兩罰原則 doctrine of dual punishments
兩罰責任說 dual punishment liability theory
嚴厲懲罰 came down hard on; come down hard on; tar and feather
嚴格處罰規則 iron rule
為...受到懲罰 paid for
為...而罰款 fine for
亂處罰 mete out unjustified penalties; unjustified penalties
亂罰款 mete out unjustified fines; arbitrary fines; unjustified fines
交通管理行政處罰 administrative punishment concerning traffic control
人身罰 personal punishment; punishment of person; personal sanction
從嚴處罰 punish with severity; severely punish
從輕處罰 deal with leniently; give a lesser punishment
從輕治安處罰 lighter punishment in public security
從重處罰 give a heavier punishment;; heavier punishment
從重治安處罰 heavier punishment in public security
以拘代罰 replace punishment by detention; substitute detention for penalties
以牙還牙式處罰 talion; talio
以罰代刑 substitute fines for criminal punishment
以罰代沒 substitute fines for confiscation
以罰代稅 substitute fines for tax payments
以自由勞動償付罰金制 system of paying fines by way of free labor
價格管理行政處罰 administrative penalty on price control