- adj. 1 [因…]震驚的,大吃一驚的,驚駭的[at, by] We were ~ at the news. 那消息使我們大為震驚 2 <做…而>震驚的 She was ~ to hear the news. 她聞訊大為驚駭
- I was surprised at her reaction.
- I used to wonder at their slowness.
- I'm amazed at how fast she can turn on the waterwork.
- We marvel that he has learnt six languages in a short time
- We marvel that he have learn six languages in a short time.
- One can only marvel at the skill and resolve of these ancient climbers.
- I shouldn't be this shocked at how many people shoplift.
- I could have been surprised if I had joined up with the sclc group...
- Warrington was curious and not ill pleased at the musician's taunts and irascibility.
- Perhaps the most surprising finding came in may1999when scientists in southern italy found that a diet rich in the monounsaturated fatty acids which are contained in olive oil protected people from "age related cognitive decline."
- Thus the puritan elders in their black cloaks starched bands and steeple-crowned hats smiled not unbenignantly at the clamour and rude deportment of these jolly seafaring men; and it excited neither surprise nor anim-adversion when so reputable a citizen as old roger chillingworth the physician was seen to enter the market-place in close and familiar talk with the commander of the questionable vessel.
- Because matches often require synchrony between disparate species it is no surprise that climate change creates mismatches.
- In march2002 the scientific world was rocked by some astonishing news: a distinguished us government scientist claimed he had made nuclear fusion out of sound waves in his laboratory.
- A recent study revealed the surprising fact that many students pass examinations by relying on nothing more than rote memorization.
- They're doing a-amazing things with prosthetics these days.
不令人驚訝的是 it be not surprising that; it can not be surprising that; it may not be surprising that; it must not be surprising that; it should not be surprising that; it will not be surprising that; it would not be surprising that
令人驚訝 enough to make a cat speak
令人驚訝的是 it be surprising that; it can be surprising that; it may be surprising that; it must be surprising that; it should be surprising that; it will be surprising that; it would be surprising that
使...驚訝和不快 threw a curve; thrown a curve
使驚訝和不快 thrown a curve
對...感到驚訝 admire at; astonish at; muse at; surprise at
驚訝不已的 wonder stricken
驚訝地 in astonishment
驚訝等而環顧 gaze around; gaze round