- to concede
to give in
- Saddam sometimes likes to try everything at the same time said phebe marr a leading scholar on iraq. "He could now come in with a charm offensive that would present a package of cosmetic concessions designed to elicit a response from the new administration and to drive a wedge in the alliance."
- The bull's possessiveness can bring about some problems for you but if the price is right you'll put up with a little control.
- Not ready to make any compromise; firm or unyielding.
- However some significant tax concessions remain.
- To judge from the placatory tone of their letter I think they may be going to make some concessions.
- The method that bring together mostly adopts the negotiation limit satisfaction concede the strategy the etc. and the main strategy concentrate at the restrict that how to make trade both parties of opinion consistence but usually neglect time result in to fail by a small margin how valid of applied time than attain best cost efficiency and will be a textual point of research.
- Mr.gorbachev proposed to withdraw this troops over a12-month period which the americans took as a small concession but he refused to set a date for the pullout to start which disappointed the president and his staff.
- Well in order to get the business we're quite willing to make some concessions.
- Chrysler will demand concessions from the uaw union on health care in particular.
- Schlesinger has unfortunately nailed his colours to the mast.
- They would not succumb to this titan who was bent on undoing them.
- We'll make some concession to see if we can strike a bargain?
- Critics of the yalta agreements tend to forget that the russian also made substantial concessions.
- Hence the devil have toed to concede lose to her the whole rights.
- These concessions could unbar the way to peace.
不讓步 held ground; hold ground; holded ground; holds ground; stand ground; stands ground; stood ground
互相讓步 mutual concession
互相讓步的交換信 letter de recommendation
作部分讓步 meet halfway
關稅減讓,關稅讓步 tariff concession; tariff diminution; concession of Tariff
友好讓步，友好讓價，友好折讓 amicable allowance
和解讓步的撤銷 rescission of concessions for a disposition
在要求方面讓步 yield from one''s demand
堅決拒絕讓步 dig her heels in; dig her toes in; dig his heels in; dig his toes in; dig my heels in; dig my toes in; dig our heels in; dig our toes in; dig their heels in; dig their toes in; dig your heels in; dig your toes in; dug her heels in
對...讓步 given in to; knock under
得到讓步 receive odds; take odds; taken odds; took odds
拒絕讓步 bid defiance to
相互讓步 reciprocal concessions
破例作出讓步 strain a point; strech a point; stretch a point
讓步於 yield to
迫使資方讓步的變相怠工 work to rule
採取讓步 make concessions