hard to come by
- vi.來,來臨,到達,出現,來(自),出生(於),開始 int.嗨! vbl.來,到達,合計為
- They're seldom at leisure.
- The island is seldom, if ever, visited by ships.
- This book is now scarce.
- She seldom, if ever, goes to the cinema.
- 依我看, 幹這一行誠實的人實在難得!
- Honesty is at a premium in this profession, I'm afraid!
- Their hardness was understood by the teacher.
- Only on very rare occasions does he give you a word of praise.
- James rarely speak to his wife, he keeps her at arm's length.
- Her bedroom is an oasis of calm in the noisy house.
- Good fruit is scarce in winter and costs a lot.
- It's a once in a lifetime chance.
- We were treated to the unusual sight of the Prime Minister singing on TV.
- My new secretary is very good; quite a find, in fact.
- I must admit, it's more difficult than I thought it would be.
- As Robert was talking I could see Jim getting more and more uncomfortable. But, to his credit, he didn't say anything.