- feel sorry
- We must try to forget this sad affair.
- We were all sad at her going.
- The death of her father left Mary disconsolate.
- The poor fellow was a sad spectacle.
- 他離開了朋友, 十分難過。
- Separation from his friends made him sad.
- 她一定很難過, 但毫不形之於色。
- She gives no outward sign of the sadness she must feel.
- She looked at him sadly.
- 她說她很難過, 但從她的眼神裡卻流露出她內心的喜悅。
- She said she was sorry, but her eyes betrayed her secret delight.
- 她把他解雇時, 流出了鱷魚的眼淚（假裝難過）
- She shed crocodile tears (ie pretended to be sorry) when she dismissed him from his job.
- 她恍然大悟嫁給他就要過那種日子, 心裡十分難過。
- She was given an unpleasant insight into what life would be like as his wife.
- 聽說你很不聽話, 使我感到非常難過。
- It grieves me to hear how disobedient you've been.
- I'm so unhappy I could weep.
- 我聽到這件事, 確實非常難過。
- I was very sad indeed to hear about it.
- He seemed very downcast at the news.
- He saddened at the memory of her death.