- Fabian: of or relating to the caution and avoidance of direct confrontation typical of the roman general quintus fabius maximus.
- Blair said in his speech to open the conference that he had been inspired to speak of his linguistic shortcomings by the presence here of another former french prime minister laurent fabius.
- Of or relating to the caution and avoidance of direct confrontation typical of the roman general quintus fabius maximus.
- Laurent fabius former prime minister of france visits ceibs34
- For under him gavius maximus 64a very stern man reached his twentieth year of service as prefect of the guard; he was succeeded by tattius maximus 65and at his death antoninus appointed two men66in his place fabius cornelius repentinus and furius victorinus 67the former of whom however was ruined by the scandalous tale that he had gained his office by the favour of the emperor's mistress.