- The maximum influence of drought stage upon rice yield is the jointing-booting stage; the second influence stage is earing stage and the suitable water deficiency in tillering and filling stage can't bring tremendous effects on yield of rice.
- Therefore the yield of wheat can be protected.during the earing period of wheat by topical spraying of tilt in dosage of100g of active ingredient per hectare the disease damage can be markedly elliminated.the control effectiveness is about80% the yield increased is above10%.
- In the southern part of the country wheat is earing and rapeseed is in bloom.
- The leggy seedlings which did not show symptom hiding and which showed symptom hiding15days after transplant died all successively before early earing. A part of leggy seedlings which entered into symptom hiding state within15days could form ears.
- When sparsely-planted rice overgrew its earing period light intensity in the mid-lower part increased photosynthesis prolonged activity of nitrate and peroxide decreased protein content increased by more than50% velocity of leaf ageing slowed but accumulation of dry matter of grain accelerated and1000-grain weight increased too.
- After earing the infertile spiketets are those on the basal bart of inflorescence which cannot finish meiosis.