- The retort raised a cheer in support of the speaker.
- The threat of war has united the country behind (ie in support of) its leaders.
- They signed a petition in support of the workers' demands.
- The judge quotes various cases in support of his opinion.
- A type of plant tissue consisting of elongated cells with tapering ends, occurring in supporting and conducting tissue.
- One who argues in support of something; an advocate.
- Armour coming up in support was tied down by air strikes.
- Seen only 10 years ago as a sunset industry about to be supplanted by clean-burning gas and renewable sources such as solar it has enjoyed a wide revival in support from energy companies politicians and even the public.
- The argument that this is counter-productive should be trumped by a recognition that the west has a moral and strategic interest in supporting universal values such as free speech and the rule of law.
- In1987 amway donated a seven-seat mobile library "joy van" in support of the caritas child development project.
- Trust fund in support of the delimitation and demarcation of the ethiopia eritrea border;
- The security did not prevent an interloper getting on to the stage at the opening ceremony and making a speech in support of the local farmers.
- In addition to the technology and engineering experience to be gained the mid-term military payoff is likely to be more advanced high-speed tactical and medium-range chinese missiles especially for antiship warfare that could threaten u.s.aircraft carriers in the pacific or operating in support of taiwan.
- In the2001-02school year there were66primary and secondary schools adopting the whole-school approach in supporting the integration of children with mild grade mental handicap autistic disorder with average intelligence visual impairment hearing impairment and physical handicap.
- Within6months from the date of receipt of the duplicate the opponent shall file such evidence by way of statutory declaration as he may desire to adduce in support of his opposition and shall send to the applicant a copy of that evidence.